9 Bad Habits That Are Destroying Your Hair Extensions
Human hair extensions are lovely, soft strands slipping by way of your fingers like silk. You spend a lot of money on extensions to make sure that you get that excellent, beautiful look always. But if you are noticing any damage of your hair extension for a while, then don’t check just for the hair extensions quality, but additionally for the day by day habits and environmental factors around you.
May be you’re the mortal enemies of hair extensions. So, read on to know about them and develop habits that may keep them at bay!
1. Presence of Pollution within the Air – Smog, smoke, fumes, and different kinds of air pollution settle in your hair extensions and form a layer above them. This hampers their appearance and makes them look boring and dusty. Besides damaging the appearance of hair extensions, these air pollution can dry the extensions. So, if you have any bad habit of smoking or you reside in a highly polluted area, then it is better to cover your extensions with a silk fabric always and keep away from smoking.
2. Improper Washing Habits – Each over-washing and under-washing your hair extensions can cause severe damage to them. If you don’t wash your extensions properly, then they will look bad, soiled, odor awful, and seem dull and lifeless. However, in case you over-wash the extensions, then this will extract the moisture from them and can make them dry. So, one of the best way out is to clean your extensions once in a week to keep up their good health and appearance.
3. Using Harsh and Over-drying Products – Your hair stylist should have counseled you to use moisture rich shampoos and conditioners which might be paraben and alcohol-free. It’s because products with high alcohol content material are harsh to the extensions can result in their severe damage. So, make certain you are gentle on your extensions and use sulfate-free and phosphate-free hair extension cleansers. Always check product labels before utilizing them.
4. Trimming or Cutting the Extensions – Cutting or trimming the extensions is an efficient way to maintain the extensions. But overdoing this follow will depart you with damaged hairs with low length. If you comply with this observe commonly, then it is essential to hydrate your hair using essential natural hair oils. This will make certain that your extensions do not get damaged and are free from all types of dangerous radicals.
5. Inadequate Dealing with – You will need to have introduced smooth, cuticle-free, and silky hair extensions. However if you happen to fail to deal with them properly, they are going to turn out to be frizzy, lack shine, and even lead to more tangles. Due to this fact, you have to give a mild touch to your extensions. Use brushes and combs that with wide teeth. Also, use bobby pins, rubber bands, or other hair styling products only when it is utmost essential, as their use can lead to falling of hair extensions.
6. Utilizing Harsh Glues – For those who use any harsh glues to stick your extensions to your hair, then this will damage not just the extensions however even the scalp. Utilizing such glues may end up in severe damage to the natural hair. It’s therefore essential that you use glues that are proven to be safe and secured for the scalp. You may always ask for such products from a hair stylist or an expert. There’s a range of such products available, and the specialists suggest using only those products for the extension.
7. Utilizing ‘Hot’ Hair Styling Products – Utilizing hair styling iron, rollers, dryers, and other related products can damage the extensions and make them frizzy. Such products have very high temperature, and instead of drying the extensions, they end up damaging them. Additionally, it is feasible that they might end in bonding of artificial glue to the natural hairs, which will worsen the situation. So, keep away from utilizing products with high temperature as if hair wigs get severely damaged, then it might be troublesome to rejuvenate them.
8. Following an Unhealthy Food plan – Weight loss plan to plays a pivotal position in managing your hair extensions. Should you consume too much of oily food rich in fatty acids, then this will make your hair brittle and would depart it weak. People using hair wigs are steered to eat a food plan rich in Omega-3, which is among the necessary nutrients for the hair. Additionally, you could use a non-oily conditioner day-after-day to keep your extensions hydrated.
9. Mold Growth – Just like a proper cleansing of hair extensions, the process of properly drying them can also be of utmost importance. If you happen to use or store improperly dried hair wigs, then this will leave them wet and result in high moisture content. In such case, molds develop on the surface of extensions. These molds are bacterial and fungal organisms, which are harmful not just for the extensions, but even to your head. So, make sure that your extensions dry properly, particularly from the interior sections. If roots or weft are left wet, then this will lead to the high development of mold.
If you have any questions relating to in which and how to use usa hair extensions reviews, you can speak to us at our web site.